You are currently browsing the Peacock Tourism Marketing blog archives for July, 2011.
- Paid to Facebook Saturday, March 2, 2013
- Passionate About Tourism Writing Wednesday, March 7, 2012
- Building a Brand from a Blank Page Saturday, March 3, 2012
- Blogging from the field: Adventuring in Bali Saturday, December 17, 2011
- The Amish Guide to Intelligent Web Design Tuesday, November 15, 2011
- Taking Photos, Making Videos, Captioning Albums Friday, October 14, 2011
Archive for July, 2011
Studies indicate that images are the second factor right behind pricing in terms of influencing the choice of a property to stay, or tour to take. For some, the perceived experience may be first and price second.
My rule of thumb is: experiment with types of photos, with people or animals first, your rooms, exterior and pool second.
With today’s technology, taking a good picture is easier than ever. Facebook is great at sharing pictures and engaging users – every day 100 million photos are tagged on facebook.
So, ask your guests if you can take pictures with them, then tag them on your Facebook page. Your property, tour and event will be seen by many of their friends.
PS Include a great caption and good descriptor of the image. Not “img 78643321″ but “Kona Coast Sunset.”