You are currently browsing the Peacock Tourism Marketing blog archives for September, 2010.
- Paid to Facebook Saturday, March 2, 2013
- Passionate About Tourism Writing Wednesday, March 7, 2012
- Building a Brand from a Blank Page Saturday, March 3, 2012
- Blogging from the field: Adventuring in Bali Saturday, December 17, 2011
- The Amish Guide to Intelligent Web Design Tuesday, November 15, 2011
- Taking Photos, Making Videos, Captioning Albums Friday, October 14, 2011
Archive for September, 2010
Without question, the gay and lesbian market offers brand loyalty and a consumer demographic whose value makes this segment too promising to overlook or mishandle. Thanks to JD Anderson for this article. Read more.
The gay market has more disposable income, and has a propensity for travel. There is a trend toward more diversified travel experiences, and this combined with discretionary income and a greater variety of options, puts the “gay market” in a league of its own.
In Australia and elsewhere, increased competition among companies for this market has turned individual marketing into savvy and joint partnering opportunities. Hotels, tour operators and restaurants and bars in Australia’s Gold Coast have come together to partner with Gold Coast Tourism and with Rainbow Tourism and Pink Choice to reach this market, for instance.
As the article points out, with global examples, this is the wave of the future. Go to the experts if you need help getting on the surf board to ride the wave.